Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday cleaning




Today is Wednesday.

In keeping with the challenge put forth by Chrissy at MEANINGFUL DAYS I am in the middle of a big mess. Ha. I have to make a mess to clean a mess.

My cleaning is taking longer than I expected. I am use to just dusting the tops of the furniture but I am going in the cabinets and around the TV and anywhere I can reach. I also went ahead and washed the leather couches and chair and that was on the schedule for Thrusday. It is starting to feel so fresh in here.

A little extra I did was hang a picture on the wall. AHH! We haven't hung much on our walls in the two years we have lived here. It is hard for me to make a whole in the wall but I like the way it looks.

Tips:
  1. I am dusting the wood and the couches with a product I got from Melaleuca. I really like the cleaning products from there. I feel safe using them and they aren't harming my family.

  2. When I only have small places to mop, I will use a microfiber cloth instead of the mop. I can reach smaller places easier. I wet the cloth and then spray the floor with a cleaning product and them wipe/mop clean.

  3. Dust from top to bottom and before you sweep and mop.

  4. Don't have baby chickens in your room while you are cleaning. Well, they are in a pen but they continue to spread thier food everywhere. I have to keep sweeping. Hopefully they can go outside soon.

Now I guess I could be finished for today. I may work on the school desk since it is getting messier everyday. And I really need to vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by the freshness of a room after it has been deep cleaned. I am enjoying it also. I love a clean room... now if it would only stay that way. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete