Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I don't do windows

Hahaha!! Naw, I really do.





I got all my windows done in the front half of the house. 6 in all, inside and out. It is so nice to be able to look thru them now.





We had a windy rain storm a few weeks back and it blew dirt and dust all over the windows and they had been hard to see thru since then. Now the sun can shine in and I can see out.





Now, for some window cleaning tips. What do I use to clean my windows? Glad you ask.



Club soda and wash clothes.

I just put a sprayer into a litter bottle of club soda and whala..
My wash clothes are mostly older ones and some microfiber towels.

I use several clothes. One for cleaning around the edges of the frame and for the first cleaning of the window. Then a clean one for the second pass. There is usally a lot of lint with wash clothes but after the window is clean and the streaks are to a minimum, I will refold my cleanest cloth and wipe off the lint. I have been cleaning glass and mirrors like this for a LONG time. LOL.

Yesterday I got my spring cleaning chores all done. I think when I wrote I only needed to clean around the wood stove. I just swept that since I had deep cleaned around it not too long ago.

Now, how do you clean your windows? Do you have any tips to pass along? Please share.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo proud of you. I am also going to postpone my windows until I pick up club soda! I have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the tip about using club soda to clean windows. I have never heard it before but will definately give it a try. Below are a few tips that I have in my cleaning files.

    Window Cleaning Solutions:

    1. Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water. Spray the mixture on the window and wipe dry.


    2. 2 quarts warm water
    1/2 cup cornstarch

    Mix together and apply to the window with a sponge. Buff it dry with paper towels or a soft lint-free cloth.

    3. Window Cleaning Solution for Tough Jobs
    1 pint rubbing alcohol
    2 Tbs. clear ammonia
    2 Tbs. liquid dishwashing soap

    Mix this small amount and use it only for difficult things like mineral deposits on the window. Use nylon scrubbing sponge to clean the window. Rinse it real well.

    Note: This is also great for cleaning windshields on your car

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty basic, Windex and some of my boys old clean t-shirts. Sometimes newspapers. This gets the job done around here without all the papertowels to throw away.

    Sincerely,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete