Friday, August 14, 2009

Flylady - Day 28 and counting

Today, Day 28. Eat good foods, drink water and get your rest. I have put this in my control journal to remind me.

I started a page in my CT that is for this purpose. I have decided to cut back on the amount of sugar I am taking in. I found a work sheet online that I want to do with my son. We list common foods that we eat and how much sugar is in each. Then we work on lowering the sugar we consume. I have the worksheet printed but haven't looked over it with Jonathan.

It mentions that according to the US Department of Agriculture, people consuming 2,000 calories a day should eat no more than about 10 teaspoons of refined sugar per day. That is 40 grams or 1 can of soda. WOW.

I have been doing pretty good on this. There are days we go to DQ and get a Blizzard. At our DQ, the Blizzards, coke floats and drinks are only .99 cents from 3-5pm on week days. That is hard to stay away from. LOL. Anywho, if I have a blizzard one day, I will cut down even more the next day. A Banana Split Blizzard has 58 grams of sugar, that is 14 1/2 teaspoons of sugar. eeekk.

I am going in baby steps to a healthier life. Right now, Cut Down on Sugar. When I get that down pretty good, I will add another step. Not sure what it will be though.

Ok, now I am thirsty. I need water!!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment