Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What am I up to now?

Ha, post number 50, right here. And what is it about???

My new project. I am making a quilt




This is the drawing of what I want it to look like.

Here are the fabrics minus the cream colored ones. I just got them cut today.
As you can see on the drawing, the colors are every other block and the creams are in between. On each cream colored square will be an embroidered, appliqued butterfly or flower. In the middle where the X is will be a butterfly and flower scene. I hope to start sewing this today. I will sew all the pieces together and then to the embroidering.
I made one similar a few years ago and gave it to a lady I worked for. Hers was lap sized which is all I have ever made. This time this one will be a full size. EEkk. I am excited though.
When I made the first one, I embroidered the cream squares first and them put them all together. I am sure that making the top and then embroidering will be much easier.

Ok, I am off to sew.
Are you working on any fun projects?

1 comment:

  1. KEWL!!! My sewing abilities go no farther than buttons and scout patches. Even the patches aren't very good, lol. Your quilt is going to be absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to be working on a "fun" project right now, but with vacation coming up and trying to deal with the house, my brain is fried. Remember to take pix as it comes together!!

    ReplyDelete