Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flylady.net




I have decided to fly with Flylady.net. It is a "getting organized" site and it is absolutely free.

I will be posting for the next 31 day or so as I take baby steps to get the CHAOS out of my life.

CHAOS= Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome
It may take me more than 31 days. I don't want to rush so there may be days that I focus on perfecting a baby step and stay on that one for a few days.

Right now I am on day 6 but first I will recap the first 5 days.

Day one: I learned to shine my sink and keep it shiny.

This may sound simple but it makes such a difference when I can get up in the morning and see a clean shiny sink. Even if there are dishes piled on the side, a clean sink is a good start to my day.


Day two: Get Dressed to lace up shoes.
I usually do this anyway but now I even get my hair combed. :)

Day three: Keep doing what I have already been doing.

I think this helps us get in a habit of doing these things.

Day four: Write these things down.

I posted one above my kitchen sink so I can remember what to do.


Day five: This said to write down what we hear.

When we hear negative/nagging voices, we are to write them down and then turn it around and say something positive. I didn't write down the negative things. I don't want to see them. When I had a negative thought, I wrote down positive thoughts that overturned the negative.


Day six: Hot Spots

I am just learning what hot spots are today. I have yet to do this step. I keep putting it off. :) What is a hot spot? In short, it is a place, that if left unattended, will gradually take over. Ha! I have lots of them. The main one is in my bedroom. A computer desk that was suppose to be sold and then we decided to keep it. We were going to put it in my sons room and put his school and art stuff on it. We decided to paint his room first but haven't done it yet so the desk still sits in our room.


Now, I am suppose to look around for hot spots in the house and then spend 2 minutes cleaning one up. That is my baby step for today.

Hot Spots I can think of off the top of my head:

  • Desk
  • Extra room in back
  • Unfinished bathroom
  • Pass through window in kitchen/dinning room
  • Area by back door. Everything gets piled here when we come in.
  • Computer area

Goodness, I could go on and on. I think my whole house is a Hot Spot. hahaha

Ok, that is it for now. I am off to clean for 2 minutes and then finish dishes so I can shine my sink. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment