Monday, January 19, 2009

Psalms 1:1-3

Blessed is the man

Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,

Nor stands in the path of sinners,

Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,

And in His law he meditates day and night.

He shall be like a tree

Planted by the rivers of water,

That brings forth its fruit in its season,

Whose leaf also shall not wither;

And whatever he does shall prosper.

Psalms 1: 1-3



I read this this morning and I had to pick it apart and see what it said to me. Here is some of what I came up with:



Blessed is the man


who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly


To me this says we have to be careful where we get out counsel. These days we can get so much "counsel" on the Internet. There are blogs everywhere, forums were we can post questions and give our own personal advice. We read them and sometimes take what they say as sound advice, but is it godly? Even if the advice is from Christians, is it always godly? Think about it and consider this as you read. I know a lot of the time I can be swayed with what someones says and think it sounds pretty good but then when I run it by my husband he gives me a different view.


I also thought about public schools. If we send our children to sit in a Godless environment all day are they getting godly counsel? I know not all schools are ''bad'' but if God isn't allowed, they aren't godly, but instead, anti-christ. Think about it.


Nor stands in the path of sinners


This could be seen several different ways. We should not sit where sinners travel. It is possible that we could end up following them because sin does look "fun". Like a little child when they see something enticing, they forget the parents and walk off not thinking of the harm that could come to them.

Nor sits in the seat of the scornful

Now this one I am still thinking on. Right now all I think of is don't get comfortable with being scornful. I had to look up that word but it is still hard to understand. Here is the definition : Scorn: extreme, often indignant, contempt.

It refers to the word contempt which means the feeling one has toward someone or something one considers low, worthless, etc.

So, don't sit and think of others low and worthless....

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night.

The one who doesn't walk in the councel of the ungodly, doesn't stand in the paths of sinners nor sit in the seat of the scornful, HE will delight in the law of the Lord and meditate in it day and night. HE will be blessed.

He shall be like a tree planted by rivers of water, that brings forth fruit in its season, whose leaves also shall not wither;

I would think that a tree planted by the river would receive plenty of nourishment and water. It would be fruitful. If I stay planted in Gods Word I will be fruitful. I will bear much fruit. My leaves will not wither. I will not live a dead life.

And whatever he does will prosper.

Yes!! This is great. So, if I walk with godly counsel, watch godly people, and sit with happy, positive people and stay in God's Word, I will be fruitful, live a productive life and PROSPER in every thing I do. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment