Monday, June 15, 2009

Baaa



Since we lost our milking goats to mastitis, I figured it was time to get another goat so we could have milk. I love the benifits and the taste of raw goat milk.


This is Marina. She is part Alpine and part Nubian. She is registered also.

When I bought her, she had twins on her that were ready to be weaned. She isn't giving a whole lot of milk right now but I hope that she will come up in the future.




Below is an Alpine that my goat partener (Deb) got. She is only 8 weeks old. She will make a good milker someday.



1 comment:

  1. How neat. I would like to have area to have goats and chickens. Hey, I had some old seat cushions that were faded and I just covered them with some cheap sunny looking fabric. I don't even own a sewing machine. I safety pinned them. Cheesy I know but I got a lot of compliments and no one noticed they were pinned. That is just a tip. Actually I remembered I had some cheap fabric from a ladies meeting that I did. I used it as a table cover and I just cut that baby up and pinned those cushions. I love quilts on porches.

    ReplyDelete